Dating Sites and Online Dating in general can be fabulous and fun once you know how to make internet dating work for you. Like it or not, dating sites are the new way people meet today, young and old alike. There are a few ways that you can make online dating sites work for you, without putting in too much work.
Here are our top ten online dating tips:
- One: Give yourself a set time every day to check your dating site. It could be twice a day, maybe half an hour in the morning and twenty minutes in the evening. Don’t spend all day on the dating site, it can be overwhelming and it can become all consuming. Keep it real and be strict with your time.
- Two: Be clear about what you want from the online dating site. That way, you avoid all the nonsense. If you are there to meet a life partner or friends, be clear about it. If you are just there for sex, then it is best to choose an adult dating site more suited to that kind of thing. You won’t attract the wrong people if you are sure about and make clear what you want.
- Three: Don’t undersell yourself with too much humility. If you are a hugely successful business woman, say so in your profile. If you are a supermodel, say so. If you are a regular guy with a regular job, say so. Do not pretend to be anything that you are not, because at the end of the day, you are there to MEET up in real life, and any lies can become major obstacles and even possibly put an end to what could have been a great relationship.
- Four: Work out, in advance, where you would be comfortable meeting. Once you have got through the initial online dating conversation, try and arrange to meet fairly quickly. Strike while the iron is hot. You don’t want to get into the habit of having long online conversations without them ever going anywhere or talking yourself out of a date! Pick your coffee shop, bar or park where you feel comfortable, and safe, and suggest meeting.
- Five: Do not give out your telephone number or address, Twitter or Instagram handle, or even your surname, until you feel safe and comfortable and sure you want to meet up.
- Six: Listen to and be kind to yourself, and to others. Unless someone is immediately offensive or rude, or inappropriate, try and have a conversation with potential matches. At the same time, be selective. You know the kind of guy, or woman, that you like or are interested in.
- Seven: Go Dutch or half on the first date. That way, nobody feels indebted about a second date.
- Eight: Did we mention safety? Be careful, especially with first meetings. Tell a friend, or your mom, where you are meeting. See out article about dating safety here.
- Nine: Enjoy online dating. It is fun, it is fabulous and it really is a brilliant and convenient way to meet and get to know people. Nowadays most singles have online dating stories and mostly, they are good. Make sure yours is a good story too.
- Ten: Finally, choose the right internet dating sites. There are lots of good dating sites out there with all kinds of niches or interests. Choose the one that suits you, your lifestyle, your personality and your age group. And good luck!